Encountereds. I came, I saw, I commented.

Monday, March 13, 2006

Sergio Leone - Once Upon a Time in America (2)

This is not to say that there is anything wrong with the story of Noodles, the way it's woven together with prohibition history, and the final plot resolution. But this movie is just way too long. I don't really recall much from seeing the original version, but even that might have been a bit on the tedious side, but this reedit is excruciatingly slow. In addition, the way past and present are intercut doesn't really work all that way in several places. But the biggest problem is that this ultimately fairly simple tale of betrayed friendship doesn't justify taking up almost four hours of my time. I'd much rather watch Once Upon a Time in the West twice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home