Encountereds. I came, I saw, I commented.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Eugene Jarecki - The Trials of Henry Kissinger (2)

Most of what this movie reveals about the criminal mastermind Kissinger was already known to me, and while the detached way the material was presented made the movie seem much more objective and unassailable as any movie ever could be, it also produced a feeling of heavy handed redundancy. I think if my choices are polemic hilarity, as in Moore's borderline scenes in Bowling for Columbine, and serene factuality, I'll take the raving fat man any time. The most interesting suggestion came at the very end, when either the author of the book this movie is based on, or the films director, suggested that the reason the US hadn't joined the international court yet was that they were very afraid of public scrutiny of Kissinger's files. It almost makes too much sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home