Encountereds. I came, I saw, I commented.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Dario Argento - Suspiria (4)

As usual with obscure stuff on our Netflix list, I forget where I came across this or why I ordered it. A quick IMDB and google search reveals that Argento, and this movie in particular, have a devoted fanbase who consider him a visual genius and Suspiria the paragon of horror movies. I beg to differ. While the design is original, and it's always a delight to see Escher's art, even if it's misplaced, the plot, acting, effects and direction suck just too badly to be bearable. The attack of the rubber bat is a comic highlight, in an otherwise overly long C movie, and the tagline "the only thing more terrifying than the last 12 minutes of this film are the first 92" is awkwardly fitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home