Encountereds. I came, I saw, I commented.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Malcolm Gladwell - The Tipping Point (2)

Friends tell me I've read this book several years ago and liked it, but try as I might, I can't remember it. Upon (re?)reading it now, I have an explanation of why that might be. The general theme - social phenomena are subject to nonlinear mechanisms that mean minimal causes in the right place or time can have enormous effects - is of the variety that is so obvious once you get it, you immediately forget the person who told you. Something that obvious doesn't have an author, or a form, it's just an impresonal truth. The book is an entertaining and insightful read, but I can already feel the particulars fading in my mind. In a few years I'll be ready to read it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home